Monday, March 17, 2008

A Child and a Choice

I sit here this evening, coughing and hacking away with barely enough energy to type this post. I watch my two boys spinning with "after dinner energy". And then I think, "Oh my goodness, we're doing this again. We're starting over with a newborn!"
This is where a little experience comes into play. It's not about what I feel right now or 6 months from now. It is about the decision that the Lord has planted so deeply in my heart that emotions don't really sway it. If parenting was based on feelings, I'm pretty sure we would all be hooked on bi-polar medicine.
Don't get me wrong, I am beyond excited about this adventure called adoption. Right now, this very minute, with a cold battering my immune system, the thought of a 3rd child makes me tired. But, again, it's not about feelings. It is listening to the Lord about the destiny of our family. It is how this particular journey will bring us closer to Him, understanding how He has brought us in calling us His sons and daughters. It is about the little girl, who is destined to be our daughter, the boys' sister. This little one who has already become a part of us.
Okay, so I kind of rambled a bit on this one. I'll just blame it on my clogged sinus cavity.

-Sarah-

No comments: